Call for Applications for the 2007/2008 Academic Year
The SiTI project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending a Bachelor of Science course in Architecture or Engineering.
The initiative, promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and supported by SiTI, will offer scholarships for the following Bachelor of Science degree courses:
Engineering courses held in English:
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Architectural engineering
The 1st year is in common for all Engineering curricula and is entirely held in English. The following 2 years will be held in Italian and will be focused on the specific Engineering course chosen.
Architecture courses held in English:
- Architecture Sciences
- Architecture and Design
The 1st year is in common for these two Architecture curricula and is entirely held in English. The following 2 years will be held in Italian and will be focused on the specific Architecture course chosen.
Architecture courses held in Italian:
- Architettura per il progetto
- Disegno industriale
- Pianificazione territoriale, urbanistica e ambientale
- Progetto grafico e virtuale
- Scienze dell’Architettura
- Storia e conservazione dei beni architettonici e ambientali
All these Architecture courses will be entirely held in Italian. For more information on the Architecture curricola, please visit the course catalog web page.
General information on the Bachelor of Science courses
Length: 3 year
The activities will begin in September 2007.
- Having not Italian citizenship or being an Italian citizen who has obtained a secondary school diploma abroad
- Being at least 18 years old (by 31/12/2007)
- Having obtained, in a national school system in which preuniversity education lasts 12 years, at least a secondary school diploma
- Having completed, in a national school system in which preuniversity education lasts for 11 or 10 years, at least 1 or 2 years at a university and to have passed all the exams included within their program of study, OR to have obtained a diploma from a post-secondary institution
- In the countries where it is required, having successfully passed the state-level university admission exam (e.g. Gao Kao in China)
- Knowledge of the English language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification (students who do not provide such certification may be asked to conduct a telephone interview to test their knowledge of English)
- Not having enrolled in a Bachelor of Science course of the Politecnico di Torino before the 2007/2008 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 180 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately 6 semesters. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each student’s capacity. Note also that the time required for the compulsory Italian course, which will begin at the beginning of September, before classes start, is not considered in the estimated duration of the program.
Scholarships Selection criteria
Applicants will be accepted based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the SiTI scholarship for the Bachelor of Science course is 10.000 Euro per year for the complete period. The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student, which can be verified only upon the arrival of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- The allocation of the scholarship is dependent upon the submission, within 10 days from the arrival in Torino of the student, of the original documentation, which must correspond with the documentation attached to the online form (see the “Selection outcomes” section below).
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient), all obtainable upon arrival in Italy; for this reason, the first instalment is not paid at the moment of arrival at the Politecnico di Torino, but in the course of the following month.
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the SiTI scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process:
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Deadline: 2 p.m. (Italian time) on May 2nd 2007.
For more information, please visit the official announcement.