The University of Birmingham has a long tradition of welcoming international students from around the world. As a leading research-led institution, the University attracts students of the highest calibre and is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to reward outstanding academic achievement.
International undergraduate scholarships for international students The University is pleased to announce that it will be offering the following undergraduate scholarships for students commencing their studies at the University of Birmingham in 2007. There will be up to two scholarships per country/region listed below and each award is worth £3,000 per annum (for up to three years of study) towards the cost of tuition fees and is offered to a student who is a national of the following countries/region:
- Canada (Canadian Chapter)
- East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda)
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka/Maldives
International Baccalaureate Scholarship
Two scholarships worth £3,000 per annum (for up to three years of study) will be offered to two students of any nationality who holds an International Baccalaureate Diploma. Applicants must be classified as ‘overseas` for fees purposes. 2007 entry
In order to be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- be classified as ‘overseas` for fees purposes
- have applied through UCAS for a place to study at the University of Birmingham by 30 April 2007
- obtain an offer of a place to study at the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice through UCAS
- complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form by the closing deadline of 31 May 2007
Scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence by a selection panel on the basis of the information provided on the Scholarship Application Form and UCAS form. Successful candidates will be informed in writing by 30 June 2007.
- Awards are offered for 2007 entry and cannot be deferred.
- Once awarded, scholarships will be renewed each year for up to three years, providing the students progress directly to the next year of their programme of study.
- Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to the University.
- By submitting an application, candidates agree to their name being publicised as a scholarship winner.
- In order to be eligible for an award students must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source.
- Candidates must meet the conditions of any other offer.
- The scholarship panel`s decision is final.
Some schools and departments also offer their own partial scholarships, for which you may be eligible to apply. Please log onto the website for the department you are applying to for current details of awards offered.
For details of other international scholarships offered by the University of Birmingham, please visit our web site.
Eligibility and application procedures
For further information and an application form, please contact:
Linda Davis, Student Funding Office,
The Academic Office,
University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 121 414 7391
Fax: +44 (0) 121 414 6637