| OTHER RESOURCES
| INCOMING KEYWORDS
|Master Studies Financing Postgraduate Westminster London, Beasiswa, Beasiswa, Beasiswa Postdoctroal, Www Bursabeasiswa Com, Bursa Beasiswa 2013, Bursa Beasiswa 2013, Beasiswa Phd, Beasiswa Ke Luar Negeri, Beasiswa Ke Luar Negeri, Akraya International Indonesia, Filipina Scholarship In Uk, Bursa Beasiswa, Scholarship For Age 12 In Malaysia, Beasiswa, Foreign Students Endowed Scholarship Indonesia Ntu Nus, Program Beasiswa Pelajar SD, Beasiswa S1 Luar Negeri, Beasiswa S3 Ke Malaysia 2013, Beasiswa Program Pasca Sarjana Fisika, ...|
|Table './bbsvects_bbsnewdb/nuke_iptracking' is marked as crashed and should be repaired |
Table './bbsvects_bbsnewdb/nuke_iptracking' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Table './bbsvects_bbsnewdb/nuke_iptracking' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
|[UK] Jardine Full Scholarships at Oxford and Cambridge Universities
If you think Cambridge or Oxford is too costly for you, think again!
The Jardine Foundation Scholarship offers full scholarships for a period of up to three years or such longer period as the Scholarship Committee may decide and are tenable for first degree courses at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, which are :
a) Oxford – Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity
b) Cambridge – Downing, Magdalene and Trinity
You can apply for any courses (except Clinical Medicine) provided that you apply to the selected Colleges. The scholarship provides for the full University fees, College fees and maintenance fees (roughly 7000 quid for 2005-2006), as well as an economy class plane ticket at the start and end of your course.
ABOUT JARDINE FOUNDATION
Who are we?
The Jardine Foundation is an educational foundation established in Hong Kong in 1982 to mark the 150th Anniversary of the Jardine Matheson Group.
The Foundation in its discretion awards Jardine Scholarships annually to students to enable them to attend educational establishments outside Hong Kong, primarily selected Colleges at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the United Kingdom.
What we aim for?
The Jardine Foundation aims to assist scholars who have the potential to become outstanding citizens with a high commitment to the community. Consequently, the selection of candidates is based on a number of criteria, which include academic achievement, leadership qualities, and involvement in non-curricular activities and community affairs.
Since 1982, 100 scholars have been granted awards to enable them to study in selected Colleges at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the United Kingdom. Scholars have come from a number of countries in which the Jardine Matheson Group operates, including Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Japan
TENURE AND CONDITION
The Scholarships are for a period of up to three years or such longer period as the Scholarship Committee may decide and are tenable for first degree courses at Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
Preference will be given to undergraduate courses in the following Colleges at :
The award of a Scholarship is conditional upon the candidate being selected for and taking up a place at one of the above preferred Colleges or Universities. Since the Colleges or Universities make their own choice in admitting students, there is no guarantee of a place. The award of a Scholarship will not be confirmed by the Scholarship Committee until the candidate has been accepted by one of the preferred Colleges or Universities.
- Oxford University :
- Cambridge University :
Applicants must be under 25 years of age at the date of entry to any one of our preferred Colleges or Universities, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen`s and Trinity at Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene and Trinity at Cambridge, and must:
Note : Application for a study programme leading to a second first degree or a study programme currently being pursued will not be considered. Applicants who have already been awarded other fully-covered scholarships to study overseas at the time of application will also not be considered.
- have reached an academic standard to qualify for entry to any one of such Colleges or Universities;
- (i) be resident in Hong Kong or, in the opinion of the Trustees, have sufficient connection with Hong Kong to be properly regarded as Hong Kong applicants; or
- (ii) be resident in any of the countries in which Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited or its subsidiaries operate or have significant business interests, which primarily include Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. For applications from Singapore, male applicants must complete or be exempted from National Service;
N.B. Generally, applications will not be accepted from candidates whose parents have not resided in Hong Kong or other such relevant country for at least seven years prior to the proposed date of entry to University,
- be in a satisfactory state of health.
BASIS OF SELECTION
In making awards, the Scholarship Committee will take into account of not only academic achievement but also :
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- personal qualities and character with particular regard to the extent to which the applicant has demonstrated exceptional qualities of leadership and fellowship;
- achievements in non-curricular activities including sports;
- community involvement and activities; and
- other attributes which, in the opinion of the Scholarship Committee, indicate that the applicants is likely to become an outstanding citizen with a high commitment to the performance of public duties and / or community involvement
- Each Scholarship awarded will generally be sufficient to cover fees, tuition, the cost of necessary books and equipment, board and lodging (preferably on a living-in basis where this is available at the educational establishment in question), and reasonable living expenses and travel expenses to and from the chosen educational establishment at the beginning and at the end of the course in respect of which the Scholarship is awarded.
- The Scholarship will include :
- university tuition fees payable directly to the university;
- college fees excluding board and lodging payable directly to the college;
- an annual stipend to be determined by the Scholarship Committee on a case by case basis to cover board and lodging and all other incidental expenses (subject to the discretion of the Scholarship Committee, the stipend will be payable in four instalments); and
- a standard economy class airfare payable directly to the airline from the place of residence to the United Kingdom or other approved destination at the beginning of the Scholarship and for the return journey to the place of residence on completion of the Scholarship period.
- In cases of financial hardship, the Scholarship Committee may, in their absolute discretion, make arrangements by way of supplemental awards, loans or such other means as they may think fit to assist Jardine Scholars in meeting their
Applications for Jardine Scholarship Award 2007 will be open in mid August 2006. General application guidelines and schedule are listed as below for reference. Application forms and further details will be available from 18th August 2006.
Method of Application
- All applications must be submitted together with the following:
- A personal statement and describing the applicant`s objectives, aspirations, plans after graduation and particulars of their extra-curricular activities, including sports, and their level of community involvement;
- Certified copies of "O" and "A" level or equivalent certificates, e.g. HKCEE/GCE/SPM/STPM/STTB/SMP & SMU/STK;
- Two recent passport-size photographs;
- Confirmation that they have applied for a place in one of the preffered Colleges at Oxford or Cambridge University; and
- Copies of completed UCAS and University application forms
- For applicants attending secondary school or junior college, applicants must be submitted through the school principal and be supported by a testimonial signed by the school principal setting out;
- The applicant`s academic record of examination results;
- Remarks which will assist the Scholarship Committee to satisfy themselves that requirements as to special qualities have been met; and
- Any other relevant informations which will assist the Scholarship Committee in their assessment;
- In all other cases applications in Hong Kong must be submitted, together with references, through the principal of the secondary school, or the equivalent, which applicants last attended
- For applicants studying overseas, advice should be given of their specific dates in Hong Kong from mid December 2006 to early January 2007.
- Completed applications should be sent to:
The Jardine Foundation
G.P.O. BOX 70
For full details of the scholarship, please visit www.jardine-foundation.org
- Whilst the preliminary evaluation of each application will be based on the details submitted by applicants in writing, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the first interview in the middle of November 2006, when they will be screened by a selection committee, whose decision will be final
- The final selection will require applicants to attend for a personal interview in early January 2007. Any applicants, who has not been invited for an interview before that date should consider the application unsuccesfull.